7 Amazing Health Benefits Of Triphala Powder
The use of Triphala as a healing remedy has been for hundreds of years. It is a part of India’s traditional medical systems, Ayurveda, which has been in use for more than 3 000 years. Due to its several significant health benefits, triphala is very popular and its popularity across the world is increasing with each passing day. It is a convocation of three medicinal plants:
- Amla (Emblica officinalis) - Acknowledged as Indian gooseberry, amla has a crucial role in Ayurvedic medicine. It has a fibrous texture and sour, sharp taste. It is rich in amino acids, vitamin C, and minerals. Also, it has powerful plant compounds such as tannis, phenols, rutin, phyllembelic acid, and curcuminoids. As an Ayurvedic medicine, people use it to get rid of constipation and prevent cancer.
- Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica) - Usually grown in Southeast Asia, Terminalia bellirica is known as bibhitaki in Ayurveda. It is used to treat viral and bacterial infections. Bibhitaki has ellagic acid, tannis, lignans, gallic acid, and flavones. As per a few studies of PubMed Central, it is effective in lowering uric acid levels, regulating blood sugar, and treating diabetes.
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula) - Terminalia chebula, acknowledged as Haritaki in Ayurveda, is largely grown in India, the Middle East, Thailand, and China. Due to its high usage, experts refer to it as the king of medicines. It has powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. And hence, it is highly useful and effective in health conditions like asthma, heart disease, stomach ailments, and ulcers.
Health benefits of triphala powder
In traditional Ayurvedic medicine, triphala has been in use since ancient times for treating several ailments like stomach issues to dental cavities. As per a few studies published in the National Library of Medicine, Triphala is helpful in promoting overall health and longevity. Here have a look at some amazing health benefits of Triphala powder:
- Protection against cancer - As per a number of animal and test-tube studies, Triphala can treat certain cancers. According to a few studies of the National Library of Medicine done on mice, Triphala is effective in pancreatic and stomach cancers. Some studies suggest that consuming Triphala powder accelerates the death of colon and prostate cancer cell death. Scholars state that the antioxidant properties of Triphala are behind its ability to fight against cancer.
- Better oral and dental health - Tripahal is beneficial for oral health in many ways. Due to its anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties, it can help prevent plaque buildup. Plaque is a common cause of gingivitis (gum inflammation) and cavities. According to a study of the National Library of Medicine done on 143 children, using a mouthwash with Triphala extract is effective in lowering gum inflammation, plaque buildup, and bacterial growth. Another study of PubMed Central has the same findings.
- Aid weight loss - Some studies have shown that Triphala may facilitate weight loss, particularly in the belly area. As per a study of the National Library of Medicine done on rats, Triphala consumption is effective in reducing body weight, body fat, and energy intake. According to another study done on 62 obese adults, consuming 10 grams of Triphala powder a day for a few months is effective in reductions in waist circumference, weight, and hip circumference.
- Enhanced immune system - The presence of numerous antioxidants makes Triphala regulate the suppression and stimulation of the immune system. Regular consumption of Triphala powder can effectively lower bodily toxins.
- Improved digestion - Triphala has Amla as an ingredient. And Amla is rich in vitamin C, which improves liver function and flushes waste out. Daily use of Triphala powder can help you get rid of constipation and keep stomach ulcers in check.
- Blood pressure regulation - Irregularities in blood pressure show no symptoms. And due to this, blood pressure abnormalities are referred to as the silent killer. As per a study published in the National Library of Medicine, Triphala consumption can help regulate blood pressure and maintain its optimum levels. Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, its consumption lowers the strain on blood vessels, promoting smooth blood circulation and flow.
- Diabetes management - Diabetes occurs due to heightened blood sugar levels. Daily Triphala powder consumption can reduce cholesterol and blood sugar levels. Due to its anti-diabetic properties, it helps the cells get rid of their insulin resistance.
Where to Buy
After having a look at all the health benefits of Triphala, you will love to start consuming it. If it is with you, browse Mirash.in to buy triphala powder.